Applicable rules are those of the European Same-Sex Dance Association (ESSDA).
The following requirements apply:
- Women’s, Men’s and Mixed International Standard and Latin and 10-Dance
Different events may be danced with different partners. However, all dances in a particular multi-dance category must be danced with the same partner regardless of grade classification. (Example: if dancers 1 and 2 compete as partners in women’s graded International Standard and are graded Into the “B” level, then neither of these dancers can compete in women’s graded International Standard with another dancer even if they would be graded into another level other than “B”).
For the senior category, a couple may always dance in a lower category, if offered, in addition to its own age category.
Dancers must wear functional and festive attire.
- Showdance (show category for individual couples)
One couple dancing a solo performance and may dance any single or multiple styles (any partner dance style). Routine will be no longer than four (4) minutes in length and may include changes in rhythm and dance styles. May include lifts.
- Formation Team (show category for teams of couples or individuals)
- Open Dance Routine: Teams desiring to perform routines primarily for entertainment with significant dance content. Must have a minimum of six (6) individuals.
- Couple Dance Routine: Any routine that is performed as couples (same gender or mixed gender) dancing together in a joined configuration throughout. Must have a minimum of three (3) couples.
Routine will be between three and six (3-6) minutes in length including entering and exiting the dance floor. May include lifts.