How much does it cost?
The registration fee has two components that add up:
- a basic fee, mandatory for any registration,
- a variable rate, depending on the cultural or sporting event chosen
The basic price includes:
- Your participation in the opening ceremony,
- Your participation in the closing ceremony,
- Your official participation medal,
- Your free access to the accreditation center in the village of the Gay Games, and most of the sports venues,
- Your public transport pass (bus, metro, RER) throughout the Ile-de-France (5 zones) for non-Parisians,
- The full program
- Your welcome bag
- Promotional offers that are negotiated for you.
The prices of the chosen sports or cultural events are variable according to the organizing cost of each event. See each sporting or cultural event pages to see availability and prices. Or see an overview below.
How Base Registration rates vary
The next 1,000 registrations before 30 September 2017 are at “Red Supporters” base rate of 160 € (125 € for Francilians).
Note bene: 100 € ~111 US$ ~ 87 £ as of 13 June 2017
Base Registration Rates are progressive depending on both the date of the registration and the number of registrations already received.
So, the earlier you register, the less it will cost you!
(NOTE: Base registration rates for Parisians does not include the 35 Euros public transportation pass.)
Basic Registration Fee
|Start Date at the latest
||End Date at the latest
at the specified rate
|Maximum Basic Registration Fees
|Very Early Bird Fees
||13 May 2016
||13 June 2016
|Early Bird Fees
||14 June 2016
||13 Jan. 2016
|Blue Supporters Fees
||13 Jan. 2017
|Red Supporters Fees
|30 Sept. 2017
||1 Oct. 2017
||31 Dec 2017
||2 000 registrations
||1 Jan. 2018
||30 Apr. 2018
||3 000 registrations
||1 May 2018
||30 June 2018
||3 000 registrations
For example, basic fees on 15 June 2017 are 160 €, but as soon as registrations at this rate are over 2.000, basic fees raise to the next fees. If the number of registrations doesn’t reach the maximum quantity at the End date, fees can nevertheless raise.
For example, if you live in the USA and register today in soccer, you pay 160 € of basic fees plus 40 € of soccer fees for a total of 200 €. If you register only in May 2018 if there are an available slot, you would pay 205 € + 40 € = 245 €.
The deadline for registrations is scheduled for 30 June 2018.
NOTE: Paris 2018 reserves the right to modify registration rates at any time.
How rates are calculated?
Participation in the organization costs by participants was calculated to represent less than a quarter of the overall budget of the event, including large opening and closing ceremonies, the 36 sports, 14 cultural activities, evenings in the village and all the festivities.
Your participation fee is essential for the success of this unique event. It is also a militant act to support our values.
Why register as soon as possible?
- First registered, first served: all activities have a limited number of capacity. To be sure to participate in your activity, you should register as early as possible
- Planning: Paris 2018 will have more time to plan all events according to your wishes and you will have more time to prepare your travel and accommodation
- Economic: You will take advantage of better prices for registrations but also for your travel and accommodation thanks to our special deal with our official travel agency KTS France and misterbnb and show your support to Paris 2018 – Gay Games 10.
as of 23 September 2017